Are you a jewelry artist or designer? Would you like your work to be exhibited in our contemporary jewelry gallery? Then this is the place to be.
In case you’re wondering, yes, we also sell the jewelry we exhibit, we don’t just show it. 🙂
You can either:
- Exhibit a few pieces on a regular basis in our permanent selection of contemporary jewelry.
- Have your project / collection presented in our gallery as a temporary exhibition. (A selection of pieces can of course be maintained for exhibiting in the gallery also after the temporary exhibition ends). The exhibitions are 1 (one) or 2 (two) weeks long. Any exhibition is subject to the previous approval of the gallery, based on the submissions we shall detail below.
The gallery perceives special fees which vary according to the duration, content and specifics of each event. These details are established with each artist, or group of artists.
Q: Who can apply?
A: Any artist or group of artists who creates/create contemporary art jewelry, whether established or just starting out.
When you send your application, please bear in mind that our selection focuses only on contemporary art jewelry, and not on mass/series production of jewelry.
Q: What do we look for when selecting the pieces of jewelry we show at POD. Place Of Display?
A: We look for originality. The pieces you submit must be your own design, your own creation. Hand-crafted pieces are highly appreciated, but mixed media and other techniques are also acceptable, as long as the design is entirely yours.
We also look for the specific personal touch of each artist, for boldness, truth, delicacy, surprising and meaningful ideas, beauty and extraordinary craft. If your art touches our aesthetic sensitivity, our mind, our heart, or all at once, you are more than welcome in our tribe.
Please note that for precious metals & stones, the jewelry must be marked/checked by the authorities as the law requests it for each country where they are made.
Q: How to apply?
A: Please send us an email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org, where you write the following:
- Your full name, place and date of birth, current place of residency, email address, telephone number, website, artist’s profile on Instagram/Facebook and/or other links to your work.
- Describe yourself in one sentence: as a human being.
- Describe yourself in one sentence: as an artist.
- Please answer the following question in one brief sentence: “Why do you create jewelry?“
- Please tell us specifically if you want to show just a small selection of pieces in our gallery and if so, please attach as per no. 8 below.
- If you want to propose an exhibition in our gallery, please clearly state this, the title of the exhibition, the name of the artist(s), the dates when you would like the exhibition to happen, and describe the concept & content of the exhibition briefly in one paragraph.
- In one or two sentences, please write anything else you might want us to know about you or your art/project (this last point is optional).
- Please attach 6 (six) to 8 (eight) photos of your work to your email. The photos must be at the highest resolution possible, no larger than 200 KB each, .jpeg format. In each .jpeg file’s title, please write: artist’s name_title of work_what it is (ex: ring, necklace, etc)_what it is made from (ex: silver, wood, cotton, etc). We do not accept or download any transfers. Please respect these requirements. Thank you.
Good luck! We are looking forward to welcoming you and your work in our gallery. 🙂
#pod #placeofdisplay #unitedbythethingswelove #popanan15